Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Beautiful Wall art for your office. Hang by your desk & you have a great Bulletin board.
See our Handcrafted Gifts
•STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
◦Three 36" x 12" x 1" sheets
•Grosgrain or velvet ribbon, 1" x 2-3/4 yds. per panel
•Poster adhesive or small sawtooth hangers and nails
•Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
•Thick, white craft glue
•Yardstick or ruler
1.Cut three 12" x 36" panels from Fabric, taking note of desired design placement.
2.Spread white glue on the first piece of Foam and press fabric; smooth with fingers and let dry. Meanwhile, glue remaining panels of fabric to foam sheets. Let dry completely.
3.Beginning and ending at one lower corner, use glue gun to secure ribbon around edges of each foam sheet; trim excess, allowing a bit of overlap.
4.Use poster adhesive to attach to wall. Or, glue sawtooth hangers to back of each panel; for additional hold, insert and glue two straight pins through holes in sawtooth picture hanger; let dry.
Buy Decorative push pins & pin up messages & notes.
Monday, March 8, 2010
Beautiful 2 Tier Platter for less than $5!
•1 Dinner Plate found at dollar store or thrift store
•1 Sandwich Plate or Bowl ( smaller than the dinner plate ) Found at Dollar store or thrift store
•1 Candle Stick Holder somewhat matching the plates. Also found at Dollar store or thrift store.
•1 Tube of E-6000 ( found at Wal-Mart in the craft section )
(The E-6000 cost a bit more if you don't have it in your arsinal of glues)
1. Make sure that all three pieces are washed and dried.
2. Place the dinner plate on a flat surface, like the table.
3. Find the center of the dinner plate and place the candle stick upside down on the middle of the dinner plate. Carefully place a little E-6000 on the candle stick rim and place it back in the center of the dinner plate. The candle stick is the column between the two tiers. Let that dry in place for 1 hour.
4. Place the smaller plate or bowl on top of the candle stick holder, making sure to center the candle stick in the middle of smaller plate or bowl bottom. Now place a small amount of E-6000 onto the rim of the candle stick holder and replace the small plate or bowl, making sure it is centered properly.
5. Allow your 2-tier serving platter to dry for 24 hours before using. I advise hand washing instead of dish washing this platter.